HIRING A CONTRACTOR
Arizona statutory law requires that all construction contracts over $1,000 contain at a minimum:
• The name and business address of the contractor.
• The contractor’s license number.
• The name and mailing address of the owner.
• The jobsite address or legal description.
• The date the owner and contractor signed the construction contract.
• The estimated date of completion of the work.
• A description of the work to be performed.
• The total dollar amount to be paid to the contractor for all the work, including all taxes.
• The dollar amount of any advance deposit paid or scheduled to be paid to the contractor by the owner.
• The dollar amount and stage of construction for any progress payments to be made to the contractor.
Specific information, prominently displayed, explaining how to file a written complaint with the Registrar of Contractors.