Log in


What Type of Contractor do I Need?

I want a room addition that will include windows, flooring, hvac, insulation, electrical, paint and drywall. What type of contractor do I need?
-Neil in Prescott Valley      

Neil, the State of Arizona Registrar of Contractors grants a license to an individual or company based on several conditions. One of the conditions is “Classification of license; Contracting business”. The purpose of this license classification allows these individuals to perform work on structures and make improvements based on their classification and scope of work. All classifications require special skills that involve the use of specialized construction trades or crafts. You need to hire a contractor that has a B or B-3 license classification which gives the contractor the right to perform construction of all or any part of a residential structure except for electrical, plumbing, mechanical, boilers, swimming pools or spas and roofing, which must be subcontracted to an appropriately licensed contractor. The work you are asking for requires a General Contractor classification. There are copies of Rules, Workmanship Standards for Licensed Contractors on the ROC web site.

Phone: (928) 778-0040


810 E. Sheldon Street, Prescott, AZ 86301

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software